- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
“Bola Macizo,” or “solid ball” in English, was donated to the USDA under the name “Bola Maciso” in 1979 from Hacienda Acanque, Yucatan, Mexico. There appear to be three strains of this variety, each listed as a separate accession in the USDA records. This one seems to be the red-fruited accession (PI 438860), fruits about 2.5-3” in diameter and slightly flattened, with excellent production. The flavor is a very good balance of acid and sweet, but it is not overly sweet. The indeterminate plant produces many of these small but thick-walled fruits.
12 in stock