- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: June 2016
- 2016 Germination test 97%
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10+
“Buckeye State” is an old commercial heirloom released in the late 1800’s by A.W. Livingston’s seed company. It was thought to be lost, but then rediscovered at Harvest Moon Seeds in 2008. The rediscovered version appears to match the original.
The fruits are pink and have a smooth, mild flavor at full ripeness. I would suggest those who like a more acidic flavor to try them at slightly less than full ripe. A dear tomato friend in Canada gave me these seeds, showing me photos of his quite large Buckeye State fruits. My climate is quite different than that of Quebec, however, and my plant struggled in the heat and humidity. For this reason, I am not expecting to bring this one back to Fweddy-Fwed’s Garden, but I hope that those of you with more temperate climates will grow and enjoy Buckeye State.
NOTE: Low stock. No additional stock expected.
9 in stock