Der Kleine Doktor
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
“Der Kleine Doktor” (The Little Doctor) is one of several dark cherry tomatoes I grew this year to find a replacement for Black Cherry, which just won’t grow for me. I have narrowed down to the two best-tasting and most productive varieties. One was Der Kleine Doktor, and the other was Christmas Purple Grapes. Der Kleine Doktor has the richest, sweetest, most jammy flavor, but Christmas Purple Grapes has greater productivity. I will just have to continue to grow both.
I do not know the history of this one, but I see that vendors “across the pond” from the US are selling it. Der Kleine Doktor produces very large cherries, nearly saladettes, of deep purple (clear epidermis). The flesh is succulent, deeply rich, and very sweet. If overwatered while ripening, I would expect the flavors to be less intense.
11 in stock