- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: potato leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Essex Wonder” is not quite as picture perfect as Dufresne or Versalkie, but shows similar workhorse fruit production. It comes from the United Kingdom and is reportedly a commercial heirloom, popular from the 1930s to the 1950s. It makes sizable red globes in impressive clusters. Essex Wonder has a very good sweet more than acid, smooth taste and excellent texture for multipurpose use (sandwich, salad, cooking). It has been identified as having potato leaves; however, the leaves are not the kind I usually associate with PL…not those enormous ovals that one could use to stitch into clothes if necessary. These are smaller and smoother. I have compared my photos with those from seed packets, and determined that they have the same leaf type. I will grow this one again, as it is one of the best tasting of my workhorse varieties.
6 in stock