Frog Princess (Carevna Ljagushka; Ljagushka Tsarevna)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate or semi-determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: May 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination 96% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Frog Princess” (Carevna Ljagushka; Царевна лягушка) (Ljagushka Tsarevna; Лягушка Царевна) produces medium to medium-large sized green-when-ripe beefsteaks.
Frog Princess…who could resist that name? Not me. This one reminds me very much of Coeur de Jade, except that the flavor might be a little fruitier. There is sweetness and tanginess. The texture is succulent and meaty. I liked this one and so did my neighbor!
Frog Princess is most likely a Russian, possibly commercial, variety. It is mid-season, not more than 80-85 days, I think. The plant remains a restrained size, quite bushy, and sets the fruits from the bottom up. They are well-protected from sun scald…and very difficult to see! I was waiting and waiting for this to set fruits and then I really stuck my head down in there and saw three clusters of sizable beefsteaks in the bottom and center of the plant. Sneaky thing! The fruits are not loaded with seeds, so my stock is limited. NOTE: Additional stock in 2017.
Out of stock