Great White Blue
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Great White Blue” is a segregate of Reinhard (also seen as Reinhart) Kraft’s cross of Great White x OSU P20. This cross was shared prior to stabilization, and consequently there are a number of segregates available from different growers. Some of the names are similar, as in “Great White Blues,” versus “Great White Blue.” The sizes and shapes also vary somewhat, even within the supposed same segregate, from more oblate beefsteaks to more globe-shaped salads.
The fruits I grew this season were rounded salads, clear epidermis (white tomato) with pretty anthocyanin purple shoulders. I found the flavor to be sweet and mild, with soft, meaty flesh. Other growers have reported a stronger flavor.
9 in stock