- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: May 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination 97% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Hazelfield Farm” is a Kentucky heirloom from a family farm of this name in Wheatley, Kentucky. It was a volunteer they found growing outside of their garden that withstood their hot and dry summers very well.
I found it to be a strong acid and moderate sugar tomato, excellent for cooking, sandwiches, and salad plates. Not sugar sweet, not sour. Very clean taste, no cloying, odd, or musky aftertaste. Lots of seeds and juice, which I like. It set fruit in my hot and humid conditions, but probably likes dry heat better.
How I obtained these seeds initially is one of my favorite memories. A dear friend sent a gift my way of a number of heirloom varieties, which he called “Crybaby Seeds.” In his youth, whenever he had a bad day or hard time, his Mom would make him special cookies, which he and his siblings soon christened “Crybaby Cookies.” At that time, I was having difficulties of my own, but was cheered immensely by the awesome gift of “Crybaby Seeds.” It is a wonderful tradition! Additional stock available.
21 in stock