- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: potato leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2015-16
- Year seed harvested: January 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination 93% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Jeff Davis” is a yummy pink beefsteak (yes, I have a definite fondness for yummy pink maters) with an interesting history. The word of mouth history eventually recorded is that Jeff Davis is a very old cultivar named in honor of the American Civil War’s Confederate States’ president, Jefferson Davis. It reportedly originated in Alabama.
Historical and delicious, this is a soft-fleshed sweet and juicy beefsteak with slight ribbing. It doesn’t keep well, but I don’t really see something that tastes so good needing to sit on the counter very long.
Once more, I show my climate’s wondrous ability to miniaturize all of my tomatoes, and the fruits in my photo are smaller than the standard climate grower will produce. The normal size expectation is 10 to 18 ounces.
Out of stock