- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Komohana Grape” seems to be suddenly available all over the internet. Most sites correctly speculate that it comes from Hawaii. The University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources Seed Lab offers and may have created this tomato: “Prolific producing grape type tomato. Determinate, bush growing tomato (staking is recommended as developing fruits will weigh down the supporting branches). Fruits can be vine ripened weighing approximately 10-14 grams. Excellent shelf-life. Matures in 80-85 days.” www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/seed/seeds.asp
“Komohana” translates (according to Google) to “west”.
The fruits are firm and very meaty, juicy, and not excessively sweet. This is a good choice for those who like grape tomatoes, but live in hot and humid areas, especially those with small gardens.
13 in stock