- Grown, sold, and described by Muddy Bucket Farm
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular
- Time to maturity: mid season
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Vendor's seed source: Tomatofest
“Large Red” is the oldest heirloom variety I’ve grown. It dates back to 1830 and was the most historically important tomato most commonly grown in the USA prior to the Civil War. It was listed in thr 1843 Shaker Seed Catalog. Somewhat ruffled, oblate 6-14 oz beefsteak red fruits are slightly tart and full flavored. I really enjoyed this one both in salads and as an addition to the morning breakfast plate.
15 in stock