Louisiana All Season
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: June 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10+
- Germination 97% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Louisiana All Season” is yet another forgotten commercial heirloom of the southeast US, which I was lucky enough to find at Victory Seeds. Actually, a dear friend gifted me with the seed packet, knowing that I wanted it and others that thrive in hot and humid growing conditions.
The fruits are pink and round to oblate salads with a strong tomato flavor, less sweet than Louisiana Gulf State. It sets fruit well in the heat, and I should have given it a larger pot as it likes space to grow and produce well.
Louisiana All Season is a segregate of Louisiana Pink x Break O’ Day, both of which are commercial heirlooms of the southeast US as well. It is said to have resistant to fusarium wilt, although I do not know which strain. This variety has been around since the 1950’s, but left by the wayside with the influx of hybrids that took over the commercial market.
NOTE: Limited stock. Additional stock expected summer 2017.
Out of stock