- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate, compact
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: May 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
- Germination 96% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Mini Gold” is a variety I obtained from an Estonian vendor, and the packet indicated it was a hanging basket variety. So I tried to grow it in a hanging basket…several times…only to find that it wants very much to be an UPRIGHT plant, not hanging. It is indeed compact, perhaps no more than 24-30” plant height with branches supported vertically.
I have seen another Mini Gold featured on other sites, and it is described in plant form as identical; however, the fruits are stated to be round, and these are slightly elongated. Also, this variety is described as being early, but I found it to be midseason, the last of my hanging basket/micro-dwarf crop to flower and bear fruits.
Mini Gold was very troublesome as a hanging basket variety. Much like Anmore Treasures, it insisted on vertical growth. The one thing that made me try again, this time in a 2 gal pot with a small cage, is the flavor of the fruits. They are golden yellow and at full ripeness taste strongly sweet and acid, an excellent flavor. I do recommend Mini Gold, and I recommend it be grown in a small pot with support for the slender, lanky branches.
13 in stock