- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Year seed harvested: May 2015
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination 95% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Muddy Mamba” is a medium beefsteak, described as a green/black bicolor, but I triple checked the epidermis and it is clear. Not sure where that leaves us in the realm of black versus purple and green bicolor. It is definitely bicolor and green when ripe…and delicious! Succulent flesh, juicy gel, and wonderful sweet, clean flavor that I find in the best green when ripe varieties.
The tomato that I sliced is very ripe, so in my current temperatures I did not expect any further red coloration. Typical to bicolors and what I have been told of heat effects, I would expect this spot of red to be larger, and the flesh just under the clear epidermis to have more of a rosy-amber cast when ripened into the hot summer.
Tatiana Kouchnareva discovered and stabilized this segregate of Millard Murdock's Black Mamba. Lucky Cross is in the parentage of Black Mamba.
2 in stock