- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate, compact
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: May 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination 97% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Opal’s Homestead” is reportedly a Kentucky heirloom, producing red oblate fruits that may vary in size from 4 ounces to 12 ounces, although fruits that I grew were consistently 4-6 ounces. I found the flavor to be strong and musky, reminding me of Jaune Flamme. The fruits were juicy with plenty of seeds.
Opal’s Homestead is listed as determinate, but said to be semi-determinate in other sources. Plant height is 15-20 inches tall, and it was no taller than that when I grew it in the ground this spring. This should be an excellent variety to grow in a pot.
12 in stock