Pastel Orange Heart
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: June 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination 97% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Pastel Orange Heart” gave me fits in growing it. I had a plant in a pot and one in the ground. The one in the pot lost every fruit to blossom end rot. It set lots of fruits and fairly early to do this…but not one made it to ripeness. However…against all odds of nematodes, bacterial wilt, and poor soil, the plant in the ground produced three fruits and had cool enough “feet” and plenty of moisture as the heat increased to avoid BER completely.
If I were to grow Pastel Orange Heart again, I would place a water pan under the pot and place the pot in a location to avoid full sun overheating the roots. It would be worth this trouble to grow it though, as the flavor is superbly sweet and tangy, the flesh meaty and plump.
As the name implies, Pastel Orange Heart has a lovely matte peachy-apricot color due to the clear epidermis. I am dithering over growing it again, as few seeds are produced in the solidly meaty fruits.
15 in stock