Reinhard Kraft’s Chocolate Heart
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Reinhard Kraft’s Chocolate Heart” (Reinhart) is one of three hearts from Mr. Kraft that I grew side by side for comparison. The purple heart far outperformed the chocolate and the green-when-ripe. It also adhered to more of a heart shape. This chocolate heart resembles a bit of a lumpy beefsteak. On the other hand, I grew all three varieties in the ground, where they struggled against nematodes and poor sandy soil.
Reinhard Kraft’s Chocolate Heart will likely perform much better in a more temperate climate, as it did for my friend in Vermont. The flavor of the fruits I did manage to harvest was excellent, rich and not overly sweet. The flesh, as with most hearts, was thick and meaty. NOTE: Very low stock.
3 in stock