History: This new variety originated from a cross between Budai Torpe and Black from Tula, made in 2006 by Patrina Nuske Small in Australia and named Grumpy. The variety was selected and named after the Legend of the Sleeping Lady by Sherry Shiesl of Alaska.
- Grown, sold, and described by Heritage Tomato Seed
- Plant growth: indeterminate, dwarf
- Leaf type: regular, rugose
- Time to maturity: early/mid season
- Year seed harvested: 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Vendor’s original seed source: Tatiana Kouchnareva (B.C KO T) of Anmore, BC, Canada 2012 / Ted Maiden, Tennessee 12
2016 notes: I was reminded how well this 2011 Dwarf Project release performs . This is still a great variety for earliness, production and the flavor was excellent this year. Greenhouse grown to insure against crossed seed.
Sleeping Lady is one of the four 2011 (2012 growing season) releases by the Dwarf Tomato Project. This New Dwarf produces lots of beautiful 3-6 oz. tomatoes on a compact plant. For more information on the Dwarf Tomato Project check out the project’s site here or Craig’s site here.
6 in stock