Striped Sweetheart, Dark
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: potato leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: May 2016
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination 97% after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Striped Sweetheart, Dark” is thought to be either a mutation or segregate of Striped Sweetheart, which originally was selected and stabilized by Lee Newman. Striped Sweetheart, Dark was stabilized by Jeff Casey, while another dark version of very similar name was selected and stabilized by Dean Slater. It is possible that there are different versions of this history, and they may be correct. This is the version that I found.
Striped Sweetheart, Dark, yields beautiful striped small hearts with deep brick red flesh. It is like opening a fancy valentine when you slice the fruits open. The taste is sweet, with a tang, and the texture of the flesh is plump and firm. I verified a clear epidermis.
22 in stock