Sweet Cranberries (Sladkaja Brusnika)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
“Sweet Cranberries” (Sladkaja Brusnika; Сладкая брусника) was quite a mystery to me at first. A friend in Greece bought the seeds from a vendor in the US, who called it “Sweet Cranberry” with no other name listed. We both assumed that this was a pink oval-round cherry since the vendor’s picture looked very pink. To our surprise, both of us grew red oval-round cherries!
After investigation, I found that this is indeed a red, oval-round cherry that is light or pale jade in the unripe state (which is exactly what I grew), and that this is a Russian variety.
Sweet Cranberries is described by a Russian vendor as having extraordinary flavor and aroma. I felt that it had a very good flavor, but was not sugar-sweet as I had expected from the name. It is still a very nice cherry and grew well for me even in the 2 gallon pot I had to use for planting.
14 in stock