- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Arkansas Traveler” is a commercial heirloom that is not difficult to find, but it is well worth growing. It was bred by Joe McFerran of the University of Arkansas and released in 1971 under the name “Traveler.” Nobody seems to know when “Arkansas” was added to the name. The fruits are clearly too soft to compete with today’s commercial rocks – I mean tomatoes. They are sweet and delicious medium to small pink globes. Of course, I am a huge fan of pink sweet globe tomatoes, with tender flesh and little to no core waste. This variety along with Trucker’s Favorite and Mule Team are three easy-to-find varieties that I have wanted to grow for years but never got around to it. I am very glad I added Arkansas Traveler to my grow list for this year…it was just as good as I predicted.
7 in stock