- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Seeds are germination tested following Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Blue Ambrosia” was another recipient of my “WOW” rating this season. The flavor was amazing. Blue Ambrosia is a creation of J&L Gardens, a cross of Bosque Blue x Ambrosia Gold, and has stayed true to type in the three seasons I have grown it. When grown in the ground, it was crazy-productive, but the flavor, while good, was not a “WOW.” This year, grown in a 5 gallon pot and given less water, was slightly less productive but the flavor was greatly intensified.
Blue Ambrosia was one of the longest producing cherries in my garden. It appears to have heat tolerance and possibly heat set.
Now, back to the flavor. It was deeply rich, very sweet, and very tangy. It was not fruity like Juicy Fruit gum, but definitely had an enhanced flavor beyond just sugar and acid. I will continue to grow this one in a pot and moderate the water as much as possible during ripening.
11 in stock