- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
“Blue Betty” is a pretty anthocyanin (purple-shouldered) beefsteak that I found at Brown Envelope Seeds in Ireland. It reminds me very much of Lovely Lush, except having grown both side by side this season, I find that Lovely Lush is very challenged by massive concentric cracking when hit by enormous rainfall. Both varieties crack longitudinally and concentrically in those conditions, but the tops of Lovely Lush look almost corked. Both are pink with clear epidermis and lovely purple staining. The listing for Blue Betty states “red flesh.” Well the flesh may be red, but the epidermis is clear, and that makes it a pink tomato. Blue Betty is very sweet with a balanced amount of acid. It was sweeter than Lovely Lush, in my side by side testing.
6 in stock