- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
“Borgo Celano” is reported to be a very old variety, grown for 500 years in the town of Borgo Celano, Italy. The interesting thing is that the town is actually spelled “Borgo Celano,” but the name of this variety is spelled “Borgo Cellano” by every vendor I can find who sells it. I am going to sell it as “Borgo Celano,” because that is the correct spelling of the town for which it is named, in Foggia, Puglia, Italy.
Borgo Celano produces cute little roma/pear shaped fruits in bright red that are quite meaty and tart more than sweet, an excellent cooking and pickling tomato.
10 in stock