- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Burrell’s Special” is a picture perfect large red salad/slicer tomato. It was developed by Burrell’s seed company of Rocky Ford, Colorado. I was expecting a too-firm tomato with average flavor, as this variety is described as a good shipper and other commercial-type qualities. I was very surprised to find a really excellent sweet, balanced flavor, and plump, meaty texture. Small cores, no waste. This is not “shipping firm” at all at full ripeness. Burrell’s Special is also supposed to have ability to set fruit in the heat. I always wonder if a tomato developed in Colorado could really have such a quality…but of course, the growouts may have been performed in southern states. At any rate, I cannot confirm that it has heat set, but it definitely has heat tolerance and great productivity in my climate, hot and humid.
7 in stock