- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Butterfly Cherry” is another variety without an easily found history. I have translated into Cyrillic, Estonian, French, German, and a few other languages in my search and nothing appears. I would love to know the history, because this one is delicious! Butterfly Cherry is a pink, fat bullet-shaped variety, with plump succulent flesh and a sweet and smooth flavor. Not candy-like, there is enough acid to make a great flavor. It was a little later than some of my other cherries of similar shape. And it isn’t as picture perfect pretty as many bullet-shaped cherries. There is still green on the fruits when I pick them, but they turn deep rose pink at full ripeness. Pink and green, and a little rough in appearance. The flavor is worth my growing it again.
10 in stock