Clear Lake Heirloom
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: early-midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Clear Lake Heirloom” seeds came to me from Sand Hill Preservation Center (https://www.sandhillpreservation.com), but the history has been impossible to find. Since Sand Hill Preservation Center farm is in Iowa, and there is a Clear Lake, Iowa, it seems reasonable that this is a local heirloom. It really should be better known though, as this is a fine tomato. Clear Lake Heirloom was the earliest of my non-cherry dark tomatoes. The texture was perfect: juicy, turgid and succulent. The flavor was rich and a bit salty. Highly recommended.
4 in stock