- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Dark Rose” is a variety listed in my favorite tomato database, but no specific history is known. I found only a few vendors selling it, and they did not list a historical background either. What we do know is that this variety produces plump purple beefsteaks, some more rounded than oblate. Dark Rose did produce better than the other new dark varieties that I trialed this season, and it was in a pickle bucket while the others were in roomy 10-gallon pots. The flavor was very good, with a nice balance of sweet and acid. The texture of the flesh was excellent, nice and plump without being crunchy or mealy.
9 in stock