Frog Princess (Carevna Ljagushka; Ljagushka Tsarevna)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate or semi-determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
“Frog Princess” (Carevna Ljagushka; Царевна лягушка) (Ljagushka Tsarevna; Лягушка Царевна) produces medium to medium-large sized green-when-ripe beefsteaks.
Frog Princess…who could resist that name? Not me. This one reminds me very much of Coeur de Jade, except that the flavor might be a little fruitier. There is sweetness and tanginess. The texture is succulent and meaty. I liked this one and so did my neighbor!
Frog Princess is most likely a Russian, possibly commercial, variety. It is mid-season, not more than 80-85 days, I think. The plant remains a restrained size, quite bushy, and sets the fruits from the bottom up. They are well-protected from sun scald…and very difficult to see! NOTE: Stock is very limited this year, so there is a one packet per order limit. I hope to have additional stock to offer in January 2019.
2 in stock