- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Gold Stripes” is a dead ringer for “Chocolate Stripes.” And it is no wonder, since Gold Stripes is reportedly a darker segregate of Chocolate Stripes. I have grown both now, and I do not see much, if any, difference. They are both excellent producers and have excellent flavor. I thought that Gold Stripes may be a little earlier than Chocolate Stripes, but I did not grow them in the same season, so it could have been my imagination. I am not so sure where the “gold” in the name comes in. Unripe stripes are green. Ripe stripes are green. The fruit is chocolate. Where’s the gold? This really is a very easy and rewarding variety to grow. Even tossing it in the ground as I did, where little survives, Gold Stripes grew well, tolerated the heat, and delivered a respectable number of medium-large beefsteaks with rich flavor.
13 in stock