Green Acres 64
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: semi-determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Green Acres 64” is a variety I had to try, just because of the name. It brings to mind images of Eva Gabor wearing full length gowns on the farm. And of course, her protests about moving to the farm, which were utterly squelched by Eddie Albert’s, “You are my wife!” And her response, “Goodbye, city life!” But I digress.
The background of this variety is a mystery. I cannot find a resource or description of it anywhere. All I knew ahead of time was that this is a small to medium red salad variety.
With that said, the flavor surprised me. It is excellent, and SWEET! It produces prolifically, and I believe it is semi-determinate, but I could be wrong. It does seem to set all of its fruit at once.
This one is definitely worth trying if you like to have a sweet red tomato on your sandwiches and in your salads, or simply on a plate.
3 in stock