- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases.
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Gru Vee” is a small cherry or currant (I do not know if it is a true currant) variety from Tom Wagner. The fruits are green when ripe and very beautiful. The first year that I grew Gru Vee, I was not impressed with the flavor. I do love currants and currant types with lots of seeds and usually thin skins, but to me this variety tasted bitter. This year I grew it once more, and found that my problem previously was picking and tasting the fruits before they were fully ripe. There is a bit of amber/yellow glow to the skins when these are ripe. It made a huge difference. These are still very strong tasting tomatoes…a tiny fruit packs a wallop of tomatoey flavor, but there is no bitterness.
19 in stock