- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: late season
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Hog Heart” is a large red paste variety originally from Italy, although it has been grown in the US for at least 90-100 years. Unfortunately for me, it is late, which limits markedly the number of fruits I get before my plants die. The flesh is strong and fairly sweet, as meaty as we expect from a paste variety. It also has a fair amount of juice in the gel around the seeds. It is a multipurpose tomato, but probably really shines the most in cooking. NOTE: Very limited stock.
4 in stock