- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Hoskins-Barger” has excellent sweet flavor and texture, and a small core for a beefsteak. The flesh is on the firm side. It was difficult to find any history on this one, but I did locate a discussion on the Allen Bishop “Homegrown Goodness” blog spot, that spoke of being gifted with tomato seeds early in 2007, from a great aunt on his mother's side of the family. Mr. Bishop stated that these were actually a mix of seeds saved and passed along by the Hoskins-Barger family. His favorite was a pink potato leaf; however, he also noted pink regular leaf plants, as this one is. I feel that this may be a selection from that line of seeds.
6 in stock