- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: potato leaf
- Time to maturity: early-mid season
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Jim Dandy” is a chunky orange beefsteak that sets fruit surprisingly early and in abundance. It is a gorgeous tangerine orange with yellow shades and has the potential to set more than a few quite sizeable beefsteaks. The flesh is meaty with small seeds and a good, sweet flavor.
The history of this variety is interesting. According to report, Dean Slater of Michigan grew out a number of Jumbo Jim Orange plants in 2011. He noticed one that was potato leaf rather than regular leaf and grew it out. He called it Jim Dandy. I tend to prefer potato leaf plants when I can find them because of better protection against sunscald (when the leaves are healthy and abundant)…and I just like the way they look.
11 in stock