Mamie Brown’s Pink
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 12+
“Mamie Brown’s Pink” makes very pretty mid-sized pink beefsteaks with really nice flavor and texture. Sweet and balanced taste, plump, turgid flesh. I am challenged to grow most beefsteaks in my climate, and this variety previously gave me few fruits when I grew it back in 2016. I had an earlier start in setting the plant out this year, and it showed itself to be quite prolific before the heat set in. I was very pleased with this season’s harvest.
The history given at the Seed Saver’s Exchange sit shows that this variety was given to them by Alice Brown-Matthes in 1995. It was grow by her grandmother Mamie Brown who lived in West Virginia. The seed came to Alice from Louise, Mamie’s daughter.
11 in stock