- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate, compact, possibly dwarf
- Leaf type: regular leaf, possibly rugose
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Nano Ciliegia” is an easy-to-grow red cherry, reportedly from Sicily. The Italian name translates to “Dwarf Cherry.” I question a bit that this is a dwarf though, according to the “officially approved standard” for dwarf growth habit including a thick central stem and tree-like growth. This is definitely bushy, and the leaves are small but possibly a bit rugose. I suppose most important to my growing needs is the fact that it does stay short, three feet or less, and covers itself with fat cherries. The fruits, usually about .6 ounce, have a very strong tomato flavor…they won’t hide in a salad of bitter greens. The skins are a little thick, but cracking wasn’t a problem either. The plant fruited longer into the heat than many of my other cherries, and most of my other dwarf varieties. Grown in a pot on your patio, Nano Ciliegia will provide many a nosh through months of bearing.
11 in stock