Pigletwillie’s French Black
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested following Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Pigletwillie’s French Black” (Piglet Willie’s French Black) was reportedly named after former garden blogger Pigletwillie, who may have brought them back with him from a vacation in France. When I originally purchased the seeds, the variety was named “Piglet Willie’s French Black.” But the same vendor’s site has since combined the first two words, and I will go with their preference since it appears to be an originating vending site of this variety.
Small chocolate saladettes with a rich sheen of red are produced rather late in the “midseason” range. Their flesh is rich and meaty, balanced between sugar and acid, and has a yummy tomatoey kick.
9 in stock