Plate de Chateaurenard
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
“Plate de Châteaurenard” is recorded by eusol as Accession number: EA00850, Genebank: France. The eusol site confirms that this is an indeterminate plant with beefsteak fruits that are red (yellow epidermis, pinkish flesh) with light green shoulders. I could not locate a more specific history.
My tasting notes state that Plate de Châteaurenard fruits are strong tasting and tangy, with full-bodied flavor such as one might want in a bacon-lettuce-tomato sandwich. It is not overly sweet, and the gel is thick…it will not make your bread soggy.
My seeds came to me as a gift from Remy at the Sample Seed Shop. Thank you Remy! http://www.sampleseeds.com/
23 in stock