- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: wispy regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Purple Smaragd” is one of three favorites in my spring 2015 garden. I am a sweet tomato fan, and this one is very sweet indeed, with soft but not mealy flesh, juicy, and beautiful in striped, fat, pointy fingers. I thought at first it might be one of the Tiger series, renamed, but it is not. Purple Smaragd is said to be an heirloom from Wienerwald / Austria. I do wonder if it truly is an heirloom, as I didn't know that striped varieties like this were around long enough for that title. This was one of my very favorites for fresh eating, no salt or anything else, just pop tomato into mouth. Mmmm. Swallow and repeat.
5 in stock