- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Queen Marbena” appears to come from Romania. Other than that, I cannot find a specific history on this variety. I would not be surprised to find that it is an heirloom. Queen Marbena makes lovely globe to elongated fruits with massively thick walls. My fruits did not have very much gel, and I am wondering if this is something of a paste variety. It could definitely make a fine sauce.
Queen Marbena did not appreciate the massive rains, high humidity, and high heat of my garden and gave me very few fruits. I have both heard and read that this is a very productive variety, however, so those living in more tomato-friendly growing areas may want to give her a try.
9 in stock