Reinhard Kraft’s Purple Heart
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Reinhard Kraft’s Purple Heart” (Reinhart) is one of very few hearts that tolerates my climate. Bread and Salt is another heart that produces well in the heat and humidity. I grew three plants side by side this year: Reinhard Kraft’s Purple Heart; Reinhard Kraft’s Chocolate Heart; and Reinhard Kraft’s Green Heart. The purple heart outperformed the others markedly, both in plant vigor and in productivity.
This is a great tasting heart as well, with thick, meaty, smooth and very sweet flesh. Sadly for my seed selling, it also contains few seeds. It was so strong with sugar, acids, and other flavor components that it was a target of the stink bugs. If you have a problem with stink bugs, you will want to protect the fruits as they ripen.
1 in stock