- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: mid-late season
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Rinaldo” is an Italian heirloom that produces large, meaty red plums. The seeds made the journey from Italy to the US in 1947, courtesy of an immigrant by the name of Rinaldo. Rinaldo’s wife, Francesca, shared the seeds with her neighbor, from whence they eventually and indirectly became widely distributed. I found Rinaldo to have a strong, excellent flavor with notable sweetness. It set fruits later in my short season, however, when the stink bugs and leaf foots found it delectable (how do they always know which are the best ones?). There remained little time in my season to produce a significant number of fruits. I will grow this one again, and set it out earlier.
12 in stock