Romeo e Giulietta (Romeo and Juliet)
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 10
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Romeo e Giulietta” (Romeo and Juliet) is a tomato of many names. In attempting to track down its history, I found a vendor in France listing it as “Roméo et Juliette,” but the vendor stated that this is an Italian variety. I searched for it under “Romeo e Giulietta” and located a vendor in Italy selling it under that name.
This variety produces many smallish red bullet-shaped paste (albeit juicy) tomatoes. The flavor was surprisingly sweet. I gave it only a trial this year, and had it in a very small pot. I will probably grow it again with more dirt about the roots and see the harvest spoken of by other vendors. Very limited stock.
8 in stock