- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 25
“Strawberry Tiger” is a development of J and L Gardens. These do look like fat strawberries, being more saladette than cherry-sized, tapered at the end with broader shoulders. The color is pink, with a clear epidermis verification, and there are beautiful gold stripes that sparkle in the sun (I know that sounds silly, but they really do!). The stripes are difficult to see in a photo, but look closely…they are there.
This variety does best with less watering during ripening, as the flavors in my crop demonstrated. The flesh is very meaty, and the flavor is balanced acid and sugar.
NOTE: Based on the breeder’s website that this is a new selection,” I will list it as a developing variety, although the phenotype matches what is described.
10 in stock