West Virginia 63
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“West Virginia 63” (West VA 63) has a flavor that just yells, “SANDWICH!” The taste is strong but balanced and smooth, no bitter or musky aftertaste, and not sugar-sweet. The texture is turgid, perfect for slicing into meaty, juicy slabs to enclose in bookends of sturdy bread.
West Virginia 63 is a red slicer commercial heirloom from the 1950s, and supposedly has disease resistance to Fusarium and Verticillium wilts as well as Early and Late Blight. It has an impressive pedigree that includes Marglobe, Wisconsin 55, PI 204976, Rutgers, Southland, Urbana, and Campbell's 1491-E11. For all of this, it did not produce well for me.
14 in stock