- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“White Beauty” produces majestic white beefsteaks with a lovely pink blush, that becomes more apparent when allowed to ripen on the plant in the heat. It is thought to be a pre-1860s heirloom, possibly coming from a variety called “White Apple.” It was offered in 1935 Isbell’s Seed Co Catalog, and also goes by the name of “White Wonder” and Beauté Blanche. The flavor is sweet with nice acid, not an insipid white variety at all. The size of the fruit was impressive. Most ranged from 12 to 16+ ounces, and this was grown in a 7-gallon black nursery pot, which usually produces smaller fruits for me than tomato plants grown in the ground. The fruits do crack after heavy rains, but then, what tomato with an edible thin skin doesn’t?
11 in stock