- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
“Zebra Rita” is a pretty tomato, with green stripes, amber-green gel, and green when ripe flesh. These are very juicy with a clean, slightly sweet flavor. I do not really see much difference between Zebra Rita and Green Zebra. They are both very good varieties. With that said, however, Tom Wagner stated that this segregant was specifically selected for larger fruits, and I have read posts from various growers who have reported that the fruits of Zebra Rita are definitely larger than those of Green Zebra. Tom Wagner produced this in the mid-1990s and named it after a friend he stayed with when visiting overseas. I believe, from a photo caption stating, “Tom Wagner in Rita’s greenhouse with the first Zebra Rita, 2009,” that perhaps Rita performed the grow-out, or at least part of it.
7 in stock