Borghese Vase Roman
- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: determinate
- Leaf type: regular leaf, wispy
- Time to maturity: early – midseason
- Packed For Sales Season: 2016-17
- Year seed harvested: April 2016
- 2016 Germination test 93% after Hot Water Seed Treatment
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
“Borghese Vase Roman” is one of the coolest things I have ever seen in the land of tomatoes. It is definitely a hanging basket variety. I originally had it in a pot, but the branch structure was determinate and also incredibly delicate, growing out rather than up. This spring I grew it in a 2 gallon pot on top of a shelving unit, and it performed even better. BV Roman appears to appreciate having part of the day in shade as well as an edge over which to cascade its long and yummy fruits. This is a Tom Wagner variety, but I don’t know the cross or the history other than that it was released at F7, and I have grown it with saved seeds twice, so these seeds should be stable at F9.
The fruits are darling little lemon yellow sausages. The flavor is sweet and reminds me of Blush. The fruit set was early but ripening took some time. Leaves are beautiful, being long, wispy, and rather convoluted. Additional stock available.
10 in stock