- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Germination tested after Hot Water Treatment for fungal and bacterial diseases
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 15+
“Buttermilk Falls” is a tomato with a mysterious past. That is, I have tried for nearly two years to locate the origin or history and have come up empty-handed. It does not come from an inn in Milton, New York, called Buttermilk Falls Inn. I have written to every place I could find that had “Buttermilk Falls” in the name…nobody knows about this one. I translated the name into Cyrillic, but again came up short.
For a description, I can say that these are lemon yellow medium beefsteaks, usually not more than 1/3 to ½ pound. The flesh is firm and juicy with tomatoey flavor, not especially sweet or higher in acid, but not bland. Productivity suffers a bit in the heat.
4 in stock