- Grown, sold, and described by Bunny Hop Seeds
- Plant growth: indeterminate
- Leaf type: regular leaf
- Time to maturity: midseason
- Approx. number of seeds per pack: 20+
- Germination tested after Hot Water Seed Treatment for Fungal and Bacterial Diseases
“Petite Poire” is a tiny little red pear-shaped jewel. I could not find out where this came from originally or history. It makes a nice sized plant. The fruits are adorable, and as seedy as currant tomatoes. Is this a type of currant? Not sure. The flavor is sharp and tomatoey with some sugar, lots of seeds. In my internet search, I saw a red pear tomato called Petite Poire Rouge, but it wasn’t the same. It was a larger pear, more like the Yellow Pear that is pretty commonly grown, and the pear shape itself is different. My seed source, a kind forum friend, states that she has grown it for years but can’t remember the origin. This could be grown in a hanging basket, as I grow many currant-types, with pruning to keep a manageable size. Growing in a pot will also confine the size of the plant.
9 in stock